COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
DIRECTOR - CHAUR-DONG HSU, MD, MPH, FACOG
- Chairman and Frank P. Iacobell Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Specialist-in-Chief, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Detroit Medical Center, Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Chief, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karmanos Cancer Institute
- Program Director and Principal Investigator, Women's Reproductive Health Research
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Education and Training
- M.D., Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- M.P.H., The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland
- Intern, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Resident, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
- Resident, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Postdoctoral Clinical Fellowship, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Awards and Recognition
- CREOG, Excellence in Teaching Award
- Best Faculty Teaching Award
- Best Doctors in America
- American TOP OB/GYN
- Top Doctor in the Nation, New York Times
- Best Doctor, New York Magazine
- Top Doctors for Women’s Health, New York Times
- Best Doctor of New York, Castle Connolly
- Berlex Junior Faculty Award
- ACOG-Ethicon District IV Award, ACOG
- Global Wound Care Congress, Organizing Committee Member, San Antonio, Texas
- President, Women Physician of Westchester, Westchester, New York
- Board of Directors, North American Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Secretary and Treasurer, North American Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Editorial Board, Gynecology and Women’s Health Research (Editorial Board)
- International Board, Taiwan Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (International Board)
- Intra-amniotic infection
- Preterm labor
- Postpartum wound infection
- Personalized medicine
- Hsu, C-D, Cohn, I, Caban, R. Reduction and sustainability of Cesarean section surgical site infection: an evidence-based, innovative, and multidisciplinary quality improvement intervention bundle program. Am J Infect Control 2016 Nov 1;44:1315-20.
- Jean-Baptiste H, Tetrokalashvili M, Williams T, Fogel J, Hsu C-D. Characteristics associated with postoperative diagnosis of adenomyosis or combined adenomyosis with fibroids. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2013 Aug;122:112-4.
- Polavarapu SS, Parton LA, Maramreddy H, Hsu C-D. Are placental Fas and Fas ligand gene polymorphisms associated with preeclampsia? Pregnancy Hypertens 2013 Jan;3:34-8.
- Steinberg G, Lee C, Rauh-Hain JA, Ecker J, Khankin EV, Hsu C-D, Cohen B, Rana S, Karumanchi SA, Thadhani R, Hacker MR, Lim KH. Early-pregnancy soluble Fas levels in idiopathic small-for-gestational-age pregnancies. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010 Mar;202:299.e1-7.
- Robinson R, Hsu C-D, Chesebro AL, Nguyen J, Ali N, Maramreddy H, Parton LA. A single-nucleotide polymorphism (-670) of the maternal Fas gene is associated with intrauterine growth restriction. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009 Dec;201:620.e1-4.