COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
DIRECTOR - LAWRENCE I. GROSSMAN, Ph.D
- Henry L. Brasza Professor of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University
- Director, Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics
Education and Training
- BS in chemistry, City College of New York
- PhD in genetics and biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY
- Postdoctoral, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
- Characterized major mitochondrial stress regulator MNRR1/CHCHD2
- First isolated and characterized isoforms of cytochrome oxidase subunit 4
- Discovered the rapid evolution in primates of many electron transport chain genes
- Structure and function of mitochondrial DNA
- Regulation of mitochondrial function
- Role of mitochondria in inflammation and disease
- Aras S, Maroun M-C, Song Y, Bandyopadhyay S, Stark A, Yang Z-Q, Long MP, Grossman LI, Fernández-Madrid F (2019). Mitochondrial autoimmunity and MNRR1 in breast carcinogenesis. BMC Cancer (2019) 19:411.
- Purandare N, Somayajulu M, Hüttemann M, Grossman LI, Aras S (2018). J Biol Chem, 293: 6517-6529.