COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
MFM FELLOWSHIP FACULTY
NEERAJA PURANDARE, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Full-Time Status.
Education and Training
- Integrated M.Sc. in Biotechnology, University of Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology and Genetics, Wayne State University, Detroit, USA
- Characterized distinct mechanisms for the functioning of CHCHD10, a protein associated with neurodegeneration, in two intracellular compartments- the nucleus and mitochondria
- Identified a novel pathway for pathogenic effects of mutations in CHCHD10
- Mitochondrial biology
- Metabolic adaptation in response to cellular stress
- Immune signaling
- Purandare N, Somayajulu M, Hüttemann M, Grossman LI, Aras S. The cellular stress proteins CHCHD10 and MNRR1 (CHCHD2): Partners in mitochondrial and nuclear function and dysfunction. J Biol Chem. 2018 Mar 14. pii: jbc.RA117.001073. doi: 10.1074/jbc.RA117.001073.
- Aras S, Arrabi H, Purandare N, Huttemann, M, Kamholz J, Zuchner S, Grossman LI. Abl2 Kinase Phosphorylates Bi-organellar Regulator MNRR1 in Mitochondria, Stimulating Respiration. BBA Mol Cell Res. 2016 doi: 10.1016/j.bbamcr.2016.11.029.