COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
MFM FELLOWSHIP FACULTY - MANASI PATWARDHAN, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine
Education and Training
- M.D. - Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College, Pune, India
- Internship - Sassoon General Hospital, Pune, India
- Mrcog (Part1) - Newham University , Royal London and St. Barthelomew's Hospital, London, UK
- Residency - Department Of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Luke's Hospital, Bethlehem, PA
Awards and Recognitions
- Exceptional Merit Award - High School Graduation (Placed 9th among 1.3 million students in the Pune Higher Secondary Education Board, Pune, India)
- Distinction in Clinical Pathology and Honors at Bachelor Degree (Amongst 800 students attending MBBS course in Pune University)
- Most Outstanding Intern for Obstetrics and Gynecology (Award given for outstanding performance by an intern during Obstetrics and Gynecology clinical rotation at Sassoon General Hospital)
- Member of MENSA at 15 years of age
- Chief Admin. Resident - Newham University, London, UK
- Multi Disciplinary Team Meeting Coordinator - St. Bartholomew’s Hospital ,London, UK
- Bravo Award, St Luke’s hospital, Nominee, 2009
- Prenatal diagnosis, fetal imaging and therapy
- Alhousseini A, Ebrahim S, Awadalla M, Patwardhan M, Gonik B. Use of Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization Technology to Explain a Confusing Case of Vasa Previa. J Ultrasound Med 2018 Jan;37:305-6.
- Patwardhan M, Eckert LO, Spiegel H, Pourmalek F, Cutland C, Kochhar S, Gonik B; Brighton Collaboration Maternal Death Working Group. Maternal death: Case definition and guidelines for data collection, analysis, and presentation of immunization safety data. Vaccine 2016 Dec;34:6077-83.
- Hernandez-Andrade E, Patwardhan M, Cruz-Lemini M, Luewan S. Early Evaluation of the Fetal Heart. Fetal Diagn Ther 2017;42:161-73.
- Maldonado M, Alhousseini A, Awadalla M, Idler J, Welch R, Puder K, Patwardhan M, Gonik B. Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy Leading to Severe Vitamin K Deficiency and Coagulopathy. Case Rep Obstet Gynecol 2017;2017:5646247.
- Alhousseini A, Layne ME, Gonik B, Bryant D, Patwardhan S, Patwardhan M. Successful Continuation of Pregnancy After Treatment of Group A Streptococci Sepsis. Obstet Gynecol 2017 May;129:907-10.
- Awadalla M, Patwardhan M, Alsamsam A, Imran N. Management of Liddle Syndrome in Pregnancy: A Case Report and Literature Review. Case Rep Obstet Gynecol 2017;2017:6279460.
- Patwardhan M, Hernandez-Andrade E, Ahn H, Korzeniewski SJ, Schwartz A, Hassan SS, Romero R. Dynamic Changes in the Myometrium during the Third Stage of Labor, Evaluated Using Two-Dimensional Ultrasound, in Women with Normal and Abnormal Third Stage of Labor and in Women with Obstetric Complications. Gynecol Obstet Invest 2015;80:26-37.
- Ahn H, Hernandez-Andrade E, Romero R, Patwardhan M, Goncalves LF, Aurioles-Garibay A, Garcia M, Hassan SS, Yeo L. Mirror artifacts in obstetric ultrasound: Case presentation of a ghost twin during the second-trimester ultrasound scan. Fetal Diagn Ther 2013;34:248-52.