COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
MFM FELLOWSHIP FACULTY
SUNIL JAIMAN, MD
- Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine
Education and Training
- MBBS: Medicine, Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, India
- M.D.: Pathology Residency Program, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal, India
- Associateship of Royal College of Pathologists, London, UK
- Discovered a previously unknown placental tumor and coined the term “Chorangioendothelioma”
- Twenty-three publications in peer reviewed international and national journals with four published abstracts in peer reviewed international journals
Awards and Recognitions
- Second prize for oral free communication 'Unexplained Stillbirths-Is placenta the miscreant?,' presented by Post-Doctoral Fellow in High Risk Pregnancy and Perinatology Dr. Smita Pawar at the RCOG World Congress 2014, Hyderabad, India.
- First prize and best poster award for ‘Sonopathologic correlation of Central Nervous System Anomalies at Fetal Autopsy - A Retrospective Study’ presented by Post-Doctoral Fellow in High Risk Pregnancy and Perinatology, Dr. James Pio at Advances 2012, 13th Annual Congress of Trivandrum Obstetricians and Gynecologists Meet, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
- Gold medal for ‘Vitelline Origin of Umbilical Vessels–A ‘‘Fail-Safe” Mechanism’, presented by Dr. Himabindu Nalluri at the Andhra Pradesh State Anatomists Conference (APSA) 2012, held at the Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India.
- Best free paper ‘Placental Mesenchymal Dysplasia - Its importance in Obstetric practice’ presented by post graduate in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dr. Sreelakshmi Lanka, at the 27th Annual National Conference of the Indian Society of Perinatology and Reproductive Biology (ISOPARB), held at Hyderabad, India in 2011.
- Abruptio placenta
- Placental response to infection
- Placental endothelial dysfunction and adverse pregnancy outcome
- Kumar Vikraman S, Chandra V, Balakrishnan B, Jaiman S, Batra M, Kannoly G. Unguarded tricuspid orifice---a rare cause of fetal right atrial dilatation with characteristic color Doppler sign: Case report with review of literature. J Clin Ultrasound 2017 Jul 8;45:370-4.
- Jaiman S, Surampudi K, Gundabattula SR, Nalluri HB. Mardini-Nyhan association (LACHT syndrome) with intrauterine fetal demise. Clin Dysmorphol 2016 Jan;25:27-30.
- Jaiman S. Gross Examination of the Placenta and Its Importance in Evaluating an Unexplained Intrauterine Fetal Demise. J Fetal Med 2015 Sep;2:113-20.
- Jaiman S. Performing a perinatal autopsy. J Fetal Med 2015 Sep;2:101-11.
- Jaiman S, Gundabattula SR, Ratha C. Familial Apple Peel Jejunal Atresia with Helical Umbilical Cord Ulcerations in Three Consecutive Pregnancies. Pediatr Dev Pathol 2016 Jan-Feb;19:51-5.
- Jaiman S, Nalluri HB. Abnormal continuation of umbilical vein into extra-hepatic portal vein: Report of three cases. Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 2013 Dec;53:170-5.
- Jaiman S, Johansen T. Eosinophilic/T-cell chorionic vasculitis and intrauterine fetal demise at 34 weeks: case report and review of the literature. Pediatr Dev Pathol 2010 Sep-Oct;13:393-6.
- Jaiman S, Ulhøj BP. Bilateral intravesical ureterocele associated with unilateral partial duplication of the ureter and other anomalies: proposal of a new variant to the classification of ureterocles based on a perinatal autopsy, review of the literature and embryology. APMIS 2010 Oct;118:809-14.