COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
MFM FELLOWSHIP FACULTY
SIDDHESH ARAS, MBBS Ph.D.
Assistant Professor (Research), Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine. Full time status.
Education and Training
- M.B.B.S, Grant Medical College, University of Mumbai, India (2001)
- Residency, Clinical Microbiology, Grant Medical College, Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India (2004)
- Ph.D., Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA (2010)
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI (2014)
- Discovery of a novel mechanism of transcriptional activation by Epstein-Barr Nuclear Antigen 1.
- Characterization of a novel HIF-independent oxygen responsive element activated under conditions of moderate experimental hypoxia.
- Characterization of a novel cellular stress responsive protein, MNRR1 (Mitochondrial-Nuclear Retrograde Regulator 1).
- Mitochondrial disease
- Host cell bioenergetic regulation in response to viral infection
- Role of mitochondria in neurodegeneration and cancer
- Aras S, Bai M, Lee I, Springett R, Hüttemann M, Grossman LI. MNRR1 (formerly CHCHD2) is a bi- organellar regulator of mitochondrial metabolism. Mitochondrion. 2015 Jan;20:43-51. PubMed PMID: 25315652.
- Aras S, Singh G, Johnston K, Foster T, Aiyar A. Zinc coordination is required for and regulates transcription activation by Epstein-Barr nuclear antigen 1. PLoS Pathog. 2009 Jun;5(6):e1000469. PubMed PMID: 19521517.
- Aras S, Singh G, Johnston K, Foster T, Aiyar A. Zinc coordination is equired for and regulates transcription activation by Epstein-Barr nuclear antigen 1. PLoS Pathog. 2009 Jun;5(6):e1000469. PubMed PMID: 19521517.
- Special topics in cancer metabolism (CB7300) – Cancer Bioenergetics