COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
CAOCR - ABOUT THE PROGRAM
"Pregnancy is where preventive medicine will begin in the 21st century."
- A state-of-the art facility that utilizes the most advanced surveillance and ultrasound techniques
- The Center evaluates high-risk pregnancy conditions by conducting ongoing research and providing specialized patient evaluation
- Research protocols focus on women who have a history of or are at risk for:
- -Preterm birth
- -Early pregnancy loss
- -Vaginal bleeding
- -A small or large for gestational age fetus
- -Twin pregnancies
- The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellows participate in the implementation of all of the antenatal protocols and longitudinal studies
- Fellows have the opportunity to learn about the design, execution, and analysis of longitudinal studies through the participation in these protocols
- Fellows gain experience in the design and execution of randomized clinical trials
- Advanced learning in ultrasound and imaging techniques (See Fetal and Maternal Imaging Section)