COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
- Conduct longitudinal studies to:
- Assess the relationship between antenatal and demographic risk factors and neonatal outcomes
- Assess the relationship between maternal, placental, neonatal and perinatal risk factors and subsequent infant outcomes
- Examine the relationship between fetal growth and subsequent neonatal and early childhood neurodevelopmental and growth outcomes
- Determine the relationship between early biomarkers (maternal, fetal and neonatal) and subsequent infant and childhood outcomes
- Assess the relationship between perinatal interventions and subsequent neonatal outcomes
- Monitor trends in survival and the incidence of various neonatal disease entities related to perinatal risk factors, interventions, biochemical and biophysical markers of diseases (e.g, cytokines, chemokines, angiogenic/anti-angiogenic factors, and Doppler velocimetry, etc.) and fetal growth
- Provide data for hypothesis formulation, study design and sample size estimates for perinatal studies addressing neonatal, infant and early childhood outcomes.
- Conduct interventional trials for the prevention of adverse neonatal outcomes