COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
DIRECTOR, PRB/DMC/WSU MATERNAL-FETAL MEDICINE
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, COMBINED MATERNAL-FETAL MEDICINE/MEDICAL GENETICS
LAMI YEO M.D., FACOG, FAIUM
- Director of Fetal Cardiology, Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD, NIH, DHHS
- Professor, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine
Education and Training
- M.D. – Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
- Internship and Residency – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Aultman Hospital
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, St. Peter’s University Hospital
- Co-inventor of a novel method to examine the fetal heart (Fetal Intelligent Navigation Echocardiography, or FINE) by application of “intelligent navigation” technology to cardiac volume datasets; patent is pending
- Development and publication of other novel fetal cardiac algorithms using four-dimensional sonography to allow the generation of cardiac views
- Evaluation of fetal cardiac function using four-dimensional sonography
- Authored and co-authored more than 150 peer reviewed publications and 24 book chapters
Awards and Recognitions
- Research Excellence Award, Wayne State University School of Medicine (2016)
- Teaching Excellence Award, Perinatology Research Branch (2012, 2013, and 2014)
- Board of Governors, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) (2013-2016)
- Section Leader, Fetal Cardiology Scientific Forum at the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine (2011-2012)
- Chair, Fetal Echocardiography Community of Practice at the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) (2011-2012)
- Best Oral Presentation Award (Co-investigator), 12th World Congress of Perinatal Medicine, Spain, 2015
- Best Oral Communications Award (Co-Investigator), 25th World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Imaging technology including MRI, Quebec, 2015
- Best Oral Communications Award (Co-Investigator), 25th World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Maternal and fetal Doppler including fetal growth, Quebec, 2015
- 3 Research Excellence Awards (Co-Investigator), 3rd BIRTH Congress: Clinical Challenges in Labor and Delivery, Brazil, 2015
- Zuspan Awards from Perinatal Resources (Co-Investigator), International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy (ISSHP) 2014 World Congress, Louisiana, 2014
- Research Award (Co-Investigator), Ultrasound meets Magnetic Resonance Congress, Austria, 2013
- Alfred Kratochwil Award for Best Oral Communication on 3D Ultrasound (Co-Investigator), 19th World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Germany, 2009
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital anomalies and congenital heart disease
- Fetal cardiac evaluation (anatomy and function) using three- and four-dimensional sonography
- Three-and four-dimensional sonography in obstetrics
- Magnetic resonance imaging in obstetrics
- Yeo L, Romero R. Fetal Intelligent Navigation Echocardiography (FINE): a novel method for rapid, simple, and automatic examination of the fetal heart. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2013; 42: 268-84.
- Garcia M, Yeo L, Romero R, Haggerty D, Giardina I, Hassan SS, Chaiworapongsa T, Hernandez-Andrade E. Prospective evaluation of the fetal heart using Fetal Intelligent Navigation Echocardiography (FINE). Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2015 [Epub ahead of print].
- Yeo L, Romero R, Jodicke C, Ogge G, Lee W, Kusanovic JP, Vaisbuch E, Hassan S. Four-chamber view and ‘swing technique’ (FAST) echo: a novel and simple algorithm to visualize standard fetal echocardiographic planes. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 37:423-31.
- Yeo L, Romero R, Jodicke C, Kim SK, Gonzalez JM, Ogge G, Lee W, Kusanovic JP, Vaisbuch E, Hassan S. Simple targeted arterial rendering (STAR) technique: a novel and simple method to visualize the fetal cardiac out flow tracts. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 37: 549-56.
- Hamill N, Yeo L, Romero R, Hassan SS, Myers SA, Mittal P, Kusanovic JP, Balasubramaniam M, Chaiworapongsa T, Vaisbuch E, Espinoza J, Gotsch F, Goncalves LF, Lee W. Fetal cardiac ventricular volume, cardiac output, and ejection fraction determined with 4-dimensional ultrasound using spatiotemporal image correlation and virtual organ computer-aided analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011; 205:76.e1-10.