Please Note: Changing your SoM password does not mean that it's changed everywhere. For example, changing your SoM e-mail password will not change your Banner password on campus, your IDX password or your DMC Citrix password.
Change your password using the password reset page
If you know your SoM Password, you can reset the password online by performing the steps below.
- Go to the SoM Password Reset Page at https://owa.med.wayne.edu/iisadmpwd/aexp2b.asp.
- Type your SoM login ID in the Account field.
- Type your current SoM password in the Old Password field.
- Type your new password in the New Password and Confirm New Password fields.
- Click OK.
If you check your email from the OWA web site (http://owa.med.wayne.edu), the above steps are the same as clicking on the options link once logged into the OWA web site.
Change your password using the Challenge Phrase and Question
If you forget your SoM Password and you set the challenge question and response, you can reset the password online by performing the steps below, or you can contact the helpdesk at 313-577-1527 and a technician will be able to assist.
- Go to the SoM Directory page at http://directory.med.wayne.edu/.
- Type your login ID in the Search for field.
- Click the correct URL that represents you and your SoM directory info.
- Click the "Reset Password" link on the page.
- Select the Password Challenge Phrase that you had previously set as your challenge phrase.
- Type in the correct Answer to your Password Challenge Phrase that you had previously set as your challenge phrase.
- Type in the password that you want the system to reset your SoM account to.
- Click the "Change Now" button.
Change your password using CTRL-ALT-DELETE from a SoM computer
You can also change your password on a Windows 2000 or Windows XP computer if the system is currently located on the WSU Campus and is configured to log into the MED Domain.
If you see the following login screen when you power on the computer and the background is green with the WSU SoM logo in the top left corner, your computer is configured for the MED domain:
If your computer meets the above requirements (located on the WSU Campus and configured for the MED domain), you can reset your password by following the directions below:
- Log into the computer with your SoM username and password
- Once the computer logs into the MED domain, press CTRL-ALT-DELTE on the keyboard. Another window will pop-up - choose the option for Change Password.
- Enter in your old password and the new password.
- Click OK and your password will be changed.